Monday, May 2, 2011

Holidays

Today is May Day which is a Holiday in Ghana. I fondly remember as a child our annual celebration at my elementary school. It must have been the first spring activity to invite parents but there was always such an air of excitement for a good two weeks leading up to it as we prepared. Each grade had a song/dance they performed. I don't remember all the ones we did but 3rd grade always did the Bunny Hop and 6th grade did the maypole. Could hardly wait until I was in 6th grade. OK, just a little reminiscing - I am sure there is some deep theological thought in all of it. Yeh, we can go with the excitement as we prepare to see our Lord! That's a good one. Have a wonderful May Day. Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Test Comment - this comment I am making directly on the blog is to see where the comment goes. Hopefully it will go to Bonnie - we can always delete the comment later. Bonnie or Bob, if you get this, please let me know. If I get it myself I will know I got it. :) Knowing this will give us one more piece of the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete